The G37 is a rather nice "alternative" to a BMW IMHO. That's just due to the fact that I like 3 pedals, and have gotten acclimated to the exterior design. The M 35/45 is still a bit heavy looking for me, but that's just me.
I won't give you a hard time for considering another car...and I even own an e39...humm ...have you considered what you just posted MurrayP?....have YOU had to pay for upkeep on one of these yet...?
- N/A 525i, 5-speed, 138+K
- BMW's are not like other cars, they have issues and cost you real $$$ to sort.
- Affording to Buy a BMW is not the same thing as affording to OWN a BMW.
- Pre-Purchase Inspections by a qualifed BMW tech should be considered required PRIOR to purchase.
- Service Records matter - a whole lot!
- Plan to spend $2-3000+ in maintance & repairs the first year of ownership.
- Plan on something unexpected to happen, more often than you are used to.