View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Little Odessa

Mein Auto: bmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se46m3an View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. So here's the deal. If been wanting a 745i since I was 16 now im almost 19. I currently drive a Chrysler 300 2006. I'm thinking of trading in my car and getting a 745i for around 9-14k preferably a 2003 or newer.so It's Gunna have some miles on it. And it will have to be financed. I went thru one forum and I'm starting to feel like this is the most unreliable car to buy. Not so much engine but tranny is the big problem here. and just maintenance is like 2000+ every time it goes in. I'm a DIY guy. I'm currently rebuilding my chryslers 2.7 in my garage and when it's done, I'm Gunna trade it in. But I'm leaning away from this car with all the things if been reading. I know its a car and things break but I feel like i will get it and 10k miles later after i paid for a 400$ in oil changes i will get hit with a 6000$ tranny problem or some costly engine repair. Someone talk me into getting it or ima just jump in a srt8 300c. who has had no problem with theirs?
If you are DIY guy you can buy this car it and save a lot, almost every maintenance and/or coming problems you can do inside your garage, trust me, if you hear someone tell you oil change more then $120 or they pay for brake pads $2000 then they going to dealer, everything you need you can buy much cheaper on line and install it your self, in my opinion this car has around 5-7 coming problems that can be fixed your self, what you will definitely need computer with software for code reading and good thinking brain for right diagnostic, also never go to dealer they will thinner you pocket in few seconds, good luck