View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '99 528iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EconoBox View Post
I don't understand the love for a station wagon..........
If you have to ask, you probably never will, but that's ok.

Quote:
.......Just like every other station wagon ever made.
Ahhhh...no. You are quite wrong. Mine has the sport package AND three pedals. Have you ever seen or heard an AMG wagon at a F1 race? Those are like no other wagon ever made. It's been many, many years since Detriot made a manual wagon.

Quote:
.......(Or El Camino) for hauling stuff..........But a BMW station wagon? It's like a Porsche SUV. Identity crisis. I mean does anyone "hit the twisties" in their station wagon?\
Had several El Camino's in our family. Great concept for a family truck. There is a custom E39 "El Camino" somewhere down in Australia.
Again, no, it's entirely different than an SUV. For one, the center of gravity is measured in inches, not feet.

Identity crisis? It can cruise at 100+ on the freeway just like your 530. I can go hunting with the dogs and shotguns in the back. I can move the daughter with all her stuff down to the college dorm. When the hot water tank blew last week, I put the new one in the back. I don't need a Blazer or 4WD Subaru to go skiing in the winter - Four snow tires and skiis on the top and I'll go anywhere. No identity crisis here, it does everything I need it to........

And as for the twisties, the wagon with three pedals is more fun than any slusbox steptronic could every be. I know, I have two E39 slushboxes.

If you ever get the opportunity, go drive one, you just might find the answer to your original question!

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
Benjamin Franklin

2001 530iA STEEL BLUE/Sand - Sport/Premium/Cold Package
1999 528iA JET BLACK/Black - Sport/Premium/Heated Seats
1999 528iT CASHMERE BEIGE/Sand - Sport/Premium Package - 5 speed
1982 Fiat 2000 Spider - BLUE METALLIC/Blue