View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 04:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 325XiT Bl/Bl
I bought an E46 M3 with 40K miles. It is very reliable. Just find a good BMW mechanic in your area (ask BMW club members for recommendations) and maintenance, as well as repairs, will not cost more than a std BMW. If you 'kick' it too much, expect parts to wear. If you take care of it and don't abuse it, it will treat you well. I also have a 1989 E30 M3, which is just as reliable because I have always performed preventative maintenance and use top grade fluids and parts. Don't cut corners or you will 'pay' for it later. Again, U need to find a good BMW mechanic who knows BMW cars well. Make sure that he/she keeps a clean shop and make sure the owner is sincere. Stay away from the BMW Dealers, unless they are recommended by seasoned BMW club members. In my experience Dealers are only good for warranty work. Dealers charge a fortune and many times botch up off-warranty repairs because the job was given to an incompetent apprentice. Good luck trying to convince a dealer to compensate you for a botched job. they will just try to charge you more to fix it.

Last edited by mweine; 04-06-2012 at 04:36 AM.