View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 740iL / 2006 X5 4.4
Ditto...the same thing would happen if you were carrying the same things mentioned in an SUV...and if the bowling ball was in the back seat of your sedan...and the car flipped...your cranium could still be cracked regardless if your car was a sedan or a Touring.

The Tourings provide the same driving experience as the sedan owners EXCEPT we have the ability to haul more of life's stuff around when needed. And that can be for whatever season of life one may be in. As previously mentioned...the wagon can get you off to college, into your off campus apartment, into your first job and apartment after graduation, then onto your new home etc. You can easily haul stuff home that would NOT fit into the sedan...like small appliances, gas grills, lawn mowers...or if your a musician and need to hall around amps or drums or keyboards...or if you are into photography and need to haul your equipment around. The Touring offers utility that the sedan just doesn't offer.

A Touring may not be for everyone...but for those who don't want a truck/SUV and prefer a car but still would like the utility...this is the perfect vehicle for them. I remember the first time I drove an e39 Touring...it was during a Susan B Koman Drive for the Cure event. As I was driving the course...I realized that the Touring was one of the favorite drives of the day...and I laughed as I looked in the rear view mirror and thought to myself...I would never know that I was driving a wagon until I looked in the rear view mirror and could see the cargo area.

After owning an e34 525iT for a few years...I finally got my e39 540iT...and I couldn't care less that many have a disdain for wagons...I LOVE my Touring! It works perfectly for what I need it for.

(loaded up to do some work at my rental property)

(ready to fight the urban jungle as a DD...just like any 540i sedan)
Q {BMW CCA Member #191509}
2006 E53 X5 4.4i (Sterling Gray) 12/05 mfg date <<~>> 97 740iL (Arctic Silver) 3/97 mfg date
(SOLD)
99 540iT (Orient Blue) <<~>> 95 525IT (Alpine White)
91 735iL (Schwarz Black) <<~>> 85 325e (Bronzit)

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/822/e38e532ndsigpic.jpg