View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 07:21 AM

Mein Auto: 525d
Thank you for all the suggestions!

I forgot to clarify the circumstances

We'll be a) leasing for 12k/3yrs and b) moving to SoCal this summer. The car is probably not even going to see much rain. So here is my reasoning after reading your comments:

Heated steering wheel - my wife likes the white interior (with white paint & taupe leatherette), so heated wheel is not an option. Not getting the heated steering wheel also makes the cold weather package $150 cheaper. Those who have it, do you (always) turn it on when driving top down? Would your hands get cold otherwise?

Sport Package:
Tires - I believe the summer tires would make for a better ride. They are wider in the rear as well. I assume the car would even brake a little better. Another potentially good thing is that they will wear less than softer all-season tires. We will lease 12k/3yrs and I am hoping not to have to put on new tires at lease end. A set of tires is much more than the $540 I would pay for the sport package over the three year lease.

Suspension - I like that it is lowered and likely handles a little better in 'emergencies'. I am a little concerned about the comfort loss, though.

Sport Seats - that is the big question. I fear I need to go back to a dealer and try it out. She is petite and I am 5"11' 165. So I imagine when adjusted to give the least support, we might actually like the seats.

Paddle Shifters - I think I will try them out a couple of times and then never use them again...she won't use them.

Shadow Trim & Top Speed Limiter - I couldn't care less