View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointandgo View Post
The DIY was simple for those so inclined (brown wire splice), but MANY payed $200 per side to have this fixed. BMW reported more than 30,000 dealership repairs...I estimate that it cost owners more than $6,000,000 in repair costs while BMW NA fought NHTSA tooth and nail for years to have this obvious defect become a recall as NHTSA sought. I'm very disappointed in BMW's attitude.
Concur. BMW AG should have fired the BMW NA folks responsible for the YEARS of delay and foot dragging on this. This lack of corporate responsibility is a black eye for BMW, and has caused me to start looking at other brands--and I'm a BMW CCA Life Member.

Other factors: So much cost-cutting! Let's compare our beloved E46 to our 2011 E90's (we have two as we didn't want to see how bad the F30 was going to get):

No trunk tie downs
Almost no way to get 12-volt power for GPS/Valentine 1 (they removed the ashtray/lighter)
Almost all the tools gone
Stunningly thin and cheap carpet
No underhood sound insulation pad
No flashlight
Glovebox so small that the owner's manual doesn't really fit
No spare tire (and the RFT's, frankly, suck)

And now the F30 has a so-so review in Car and Driver (EPAS, plus the loss of the beautiful aluminum parts in the suspension)?!? Geesh BMW, get back to being honest and responsible, and start making The Ultimate Driving Machine again, please!