View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbrozen View Post
Is your 540 an automatic? Because my 6-speed is quite a bit faster than my G35x was (then again, mine was a 2004). As for weight, they are virtually tied in the curb weight department, but, to me, the 540 "feels" lighter. The AWD just drags the G35 down, IMHO. I felt every pound in that car, especially when autocrossing. Wish I had gotten a RWD 6-speed. I might still have it in that case.
my 540i is 6 speed w/ sports pack, i never actually said theres a big difference in power though the G seems to have better top end while 540i specializes in low end torque. 07' g35x curb weight is barely lighter then 540i, but it just feels significantly lighter. then again my 07' g35 has only 55k miles compared to my 120k mile 540i, maybe the 540i suspension is getting tired. now if i was comparing handling of a 530i with its significantly sharper steering , i may have said it feels just as light on its feet as g35x. 540i ball and socket steering for lack of better word really hurts steering feel(i recall the few 530i's i test drove was alot more fun in the corners)

also the 2nd gen atttesa is really nice, it only kicks on to awd on wheel slip or above like 30mph (dont quote me on that mph). once you get moving, center diff disengages and your car is essentially rwd.

Last edited by mifesto; 04-11-2012 at 11:30 AM.