View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nader-Vancouver View Post
Hi, I have a question regarding my 2011 328i hard top cabrio. I purchased it 2 months a go brand new. It's space silver on black leather interior. Now, There are some spots on the black leather cover behind the rear headrests ( you see this section with top down). My question is what is the best way to clean this area? ( I hope I addressed it well, so you know what section I am talking about)
By the way it's great to join you guys in Bimmerfest, I am new so bear with me lol) cheers and happy Driving.
Congrats on the Cabrio and welcome to the 'fest!

Regarding your spots -- first of all the black "leather" deck behind the rear seats isn't really leather - it's vinyl or "pleather". So, based upon that you have many cleaning options. Are your spots gooey or sticky, i.e. could they be pollen? Are they oily and dust is sticking to them?

Personally, every time I wash the car (roughly 1X/week except in the dead of winter in Houston), I will wipe the back deck down with a damp towel. About four times a year, I'll "treat" it with 303 Aerospace Protectant. If I noticed a stain of some sort I would most likely use either my Woolite/Isopropyl alcohol/Distilled water mixture or Zaino Leather cleaner (which I love) to clean the spot then follow with the 303 mentioned above.

The Zaino leather products are wonderful - many of us swear by them. They can be ordered online at http://www.zainostore.com/

Good luck and Happy Plein Aire Motoring.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793

Last edited by Nordic_Kat; 04-11-2012 at 08:25 PM.