View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmster View Post
if the extra 40hp only comes from a software flash, how reliable will the upgrade even be? I would guess that a year or two down the road this software flash will need reloading as the car ages and loses power? This whole ZMX package is for suckers and I admit I was taken.
I am confused, are you saying that getting the software flash will sorta work or stop working over time? If you have the flash then you have the flash. Any and all software updates will take into account the M performance software and include that in the updates.

Your argument that a care looses HP over age does not make sense. If your ENGINE is producing less Horsepower due to age, you will have less HP. BMW is not going to change or create a remap of their software to constantly give you the same HP off that your BMW had when it left the factory. I have never heard of a car company every doing this. If you do in fact loose HP as the engine ages, you will still have more HP with the M Performance flash, than with the base flash. Loosing 10% of 440 vs 400 will still produce more HP over time.
-- SOLD --
08 550i M-Sport
04 BMW 545I sport
07 BMW X5 4.8I sport
02 BMW X5 4.4i sport
01 BMW 540I M/sport
00 SL500
97 SL500