View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 X5 4.8
potential new GT buyers!!!! dynamic handling!!

A COMPLETELY NON TECHNICAL POINT OF VIEW!!!

Dropped my GT off today to have a few things looked at by my dealer... Had to beg a little but because it was a weekday and likely quiet I got them to give me a managers GT as a loaner....

BUUUUUTTTTT.. the GT i borrowed did not have Dynamic Handling...

I will go on to agree with many out there that are happy with the GT they test drove that did not have DH, and we all know very few dealers have more then one GT if any around to test let alone one with and one without DH to compare.... The GT DOEW DRIVE GREAT WITHOUT DH.... BUT IT IS NOT SOMETHING TO BYPASS WHEN BUILDING YOUR CAR.

yes there are times driving the car without GT seems absolutely wonderful BUT no one spending 60K minimum on this car should not be given the chance to enjoy the incredible difference a simple push of the button gives you with DH!!

AND there is a lot of differences between the two cars... a GT WITHOUT DH does not drive the same as a car with GT that simply has the DH set to comfort..

The seeing are completely different, the handling, the steering, the response...EVERYTHING!!!!

I drove the loaner roughly 70 miles today on my normal route to and from work, a route i obviously know very well.....while i still enjoyed the GT without DH, I am not sure I would buy it!!!! The GT without is a great comfortable sedan, a sporty 7 series lets say... the GT with DH is a european sports sedan!!!!!!

GET DH... YOU WILL THANK ME FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mp

2012 GT 550ix Msport (feb12)(ok early march 12)
09 X5 4.8
12 X3 35i (the wife)
09 C4S
61 356 roadster
Ads by Google