View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 08:13 PM

Mein Auto: Touring
Until 2005 I always bought cars brand new because I didn't want to inherit someone else's problems.

I made the GRAVE MISTAKE in 2005 of taking the advice of some car magazine and bought a 2005 Acura RL over a 530Xi. Don't get me wrong, this was a fantastic vehicle with All Wheel Drive and enough technology to send you into sensory overload. But when you closed the door you knew you were sitting in a REAL EXPENSIVE Honda and nothing more.

I sold the car to my Aunt and settled for driving a 2004 Wrangler until I could find something else that really struck my interest but nothing new ever again as I got my brains kicked in selling off the RL, that was the last new CAR I ever bought and will never buy a new one again.

A friend who wholesales cars agreed to keep his eyes open for a BMW Wagon as I had given up on SUV's shortly before the RL.

He came up with a 1999 528iT in need of a little TLC and I jumped. After Style 5's, an M5 Rear Sway Bar, Powerflex Bushings, and Bilsteins this car will pass that RL on ANY highway interchange cloverleaf you choose to make a run at, period.

This E39 Wagon may not be the most prestigious or fastest car on the road but it is dependable and relatively easy to work on. I've never kept a car this long or with this many miles, 160,000 and counting. I will drive the car anywhere without a single worry.

I think you'll like the Infiniti for a short period of time because it will be a car new to you, brand new or not. The "Nissan" is a good looking car, the problem is it looks like the rest of the "High Line" Jap Sedans. In my eyes it has no real identity.

Buy the car if it's appealing. You can always swallow your pride and come back to the dark side.

Good Luck!!!!