View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 M3 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerIzWork540 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply..

I pretty much see the thrust and control arms moving a bit.. So i guess i assume what ever has play all must be replaced? That last tie rod arm in the back is also moving.. So does this mean im suppose to buy 2 control arms, 2 thrusts, and 2 tie rods? I may just fix one side at a time this sounds expensive..

I read through the diy i have a pretty good idea what I've gotta do, just wasnt sure if either the thrust or control arm going loose would cause the other to move or not, like I said im clueless in this area... thanks again
Check Amazon for decent prices on Lemforder parts, you can pretty much count on $110/arm and much less for the tie rods. There is no reason not to replace them in pairs, because if one side is bad then the other will soon go.. while chewing through your tires.

All play needs to be eliminated. With everything working as it should, you should have virtually 0 freeplay in your wheel tire assembly (aside from tire flex). This is well documented and you'll quickly see that it's best to replace it all, and always with GOOD parts. Going the cheap route, with fcp or similar, has shown to be a mistake on more than one occasion. I myself went with all Lem parts, threw in sway bar links, and left the tie rods alone because they were tight.

540i - Stock/Sport / 6MT / 13.9@100mph
WS6 - 231/234 / 6MT / 4.10 / 410rwhp
ITR - 262/262 / 5MT / 12.2:1 / 9600rpm

540i/6 Sport, Jet Black, Style 65, LED tail, DICE+GROM USB, !CDV, Redline MT-90, M1 0-40w