View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 10:07 AM

Mein Auto: 335i/R6
This is my first automatic car and I couldn't have been happier with my decision. I to switched from a 6spd, because I got tired of driving through city traffic during rush hour. Having an automatic will most certainly give you the full power delivery as a manual. Mod for mod, manual and auto both dyno typically the same. There is no difference. However, an auto will allow you to run quicker 1/4 mile times than any manual with similar mods as you, mainly because your launches are fast and consistant. The auto also shifts fairly quick, as there is almost no drop in boost between shifts, unlike the manual.

13.3 stock

With just a JB4, I ran 12.5@116 w/1.8 60' on stock rft's

With JB4, Meth, DPs, Helix intake 12.1@116 w/1.8 60' on stock rft's (I was getting a bit of hesistation at higher rpms during this run. I suspect my spark plugs need changing) 11s are definitely possible on street tires once my hesistation issue is fixed. I can't wait to run her at the track again.

IMO, a chip or tune is a significant difference over stock. I felt the power difference immediately after the install. As far as the transmission, the auto tranny doesn't start to see issues such as slipping till over the 500+ wheel torque mark. Its the high torque levels that hurts the tranny. Unless you plan on goin FBO+nitrous or FBO w/RB turbos, you should be fine.

Last edited by LuSt4Boost; 04-14-2012 at 10:29 AM.