View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by judyg951 View Post
At what point did you start lubrication on the top? I am picking up a 2012 328i convertible at the end of the week (It's currently at the port and waiting for transport to the dealer), or since it will be under warranty is this something to even consider doing?

It's officially my husbands car, but just like the 5er we will both share it.
Congrats on the new cabrio!

I started my seal lubrication from the beginning. I wish I would have known as much as I have learned regarding the joint lubrication from the very beginning as well. I had my first "sticky top" issue about a year ago - roughly 18 months into ownership. My 2009 E93 is still under warranty but I would much rather deal with these issues myself than deal with the stress of taking it to the dealership. More importantly, it is very disconcerting when you are out on a joyride and things start to act 'funny'. Better to be proactive with regard to seal maintenance and joint lubrication so you can enjoy your cabrio to its fullest.

The E93s are a little more "high-maintenance", but the rewards are well worth the effort.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793