View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:58 AM

Mein Auto: 128i Cp, 1st year Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerMeUp View Post
I had the oil level low come on the other day. I have yet to get an oil change or again really drive it hard. I have looked over the forums and haven't really noticed anyone else running into this problem. Is there something I should be concerned about? I put a quort of Mobil1 OW-30 European Blend in to get me by. I had planned on getting the oil changed at 7,500 miles, kind of a halfway point oil change. I have seen others ask, what are your thoughts about getting it done early?
Some dealers will top off your oil no charge. Mine did. Part of the no cost maintenance deal. Check around. On Mobil 1, the 0W40 European Blend (this may be what you meant, though there could be an 0W30 EuroBlend that I have not run into) meets BMW Long Life standards. That's the thing you want to check for non-BMW oil.

If you get your oil changed early (some recommend a much earlier break-in change, but I would not worry about waiting til 7500), just make sure your counter is NOT reset. Otherwise, you'll have to wait again for the complimentary change.

Enjoy!