That's my usual M.O.
Originally Posted by 1bad540
350 doesnt sound like a ding to me. I wouldnt try to do it myself. Ask around to some local places who the best guy in the area is. throw him a 20 before he starts and tell him dont f u my car bro. You can also wait while they do it like i do!!
My guy usually comes to my house.
While I have sat there as work was done (all at reputable places where I have had plenty of great work done before) I was able to witness:
1. A body shop guy sit in my driver's seat with a screwdriver in his pocket and scratch my outer bolster.
2. A tech drop my left headlight and knock the Adaptive Drive off it's track.
3. A different tech lean under my dash and scrape my lower rocker panel with the keys hanging out of his pocket all the way to the plastic. They had it filled and repainted for $300.00.
4. I went to grab a coke and came back to see tech #2 trying to "fix" the track issue on the adaptive headlight with a power drill and before I could yell at him to stop saw that he had stripped the plastic molding where the screwdriver would go. I can still adjust with an Allen wrench but WTF?!?.
5. My favorite mechanic who has forgotten more about bimmers than most will ever know gave me a nice 1/4" gouge on the fender lip with his metal flashlight at my last oil change.
These are all guys who have worked on my cars for years with no damage or issues, it just seems that techs/mechs lose their mind when working on a 7 series.
Life is too short for bad tone or crappy cars.
Last edited by Busurfer; 04-19-2012 at 09:00 AM.