View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via ICQ to roverT Send a message via AIM to roverT Send a message via MSN to roverT Send a message via Yahoo to roverT
Mein Auto: '03 330i ZHP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottji View Post
RoverT, how do you like those Continental DW tires? Mine are being delivered today, can't wait to get them mounted, get a proper alignment, and feel the difference from my old worn Kumhos.
One thing you will feel a difference in is that new tires will always feel more squishy and slower reacting than stripped tires with hardly any tread to flex/bend when lateral direction is changed quickly.

What you'll gain though is much better road holding in wet conditions and a much much quieter ride.

It's hard to compare brand new tires against your current tires because you get used to them as they age. But from my experience with other new tires, these DW's are pretty grippy. It takes a lot to get them loose on clean/even asphalt. A road that's been beat up by cracks, holes, and mother nature will still offer DW's with great traction. i've never run PS2's so I don't know what it feels like with supposedly stiffer sidewalls. I find the turn-in quick enough not to feel sloppy and I look forward to this tires greater tread wear compared to previous tires of the same category/performance. The tires seem to give enough feedback when at the limit without screaming and letting everyone know you're 2mph from being drift king. They are nice and firm when they have lost partial traction to the surface.

from me!