View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Speed Demon

Mein Auto: '10 335d E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
That is a pretty impressive gain. I've seen one skewed result for the JBD which I witnessed first hand where the car had put out 330hp at the wheels. Not sure if it was the equipment or the fact that his car had been sitting for 4 hours so it was bone cold, had a cone filter and it was tested with the hood open so sucking in lots of cold air.

Curious, were the conditions the same between the two tests (JBD v DTUK), ie. temps, humidity, engine temp, hood open/closed in both cases? I remember you saying something about your car was heat soaked when you when to test the JBD, not sure if the DTUK was part of that same test.

Also any limp modes or SES lights at Program 3 Map 7? How many miles have you driven it at this setting?
My first tests with JBD that BMS have on their site didn't generate limp. The one that did are results I never reported. My last dyno was in December, done on the same day, and the car did sit to cool down this time (I'm not going to ever go down the heatsoaked road again...lol)

Program 3 Map 7 can, and more often than not, will trigger limp and SES...it is very, very aggressive, and only seems to be content on very cool days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
does anyone make a bigger intercooler yet? seems like that would be easy and make decent gains.