View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 05:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligament View Post
I'll dyno my 2011 335d with the DTUK CRD-T box and post results, however I need instructions on how to do the dyno the right way, and in particular a way that will help posters on this board.

What specific dyno should I look for, what gear to dyno in, what settings to have enabled on the car, etc would all be helpful to expedite this process. I don't have enough time to do research on this so if you could spoon feed me it would help.

I live in Seattle, WA and if any of you could recommend a good place to go for the Dyno would be appreciated. thanks!
The type of dyno doesn't really matter, since you are simmply measuring the delta between the baseline and tuned results. Dyno Jets are good machines as are Mustang Dynos. Don't get to fixated on the actual HP results; remember dynos are just a tool to measure gains. Find a shop that has the latest software and make sure they can get your torque readings. Most operators know what their doing, but generally speaking the dyno should be done in 4th gear, smoothing set to 5. You also want to make sure the environmental conditions are nearly the same i.e. outside temps, humidty etc. as well as make sure you car sat for the same amount of time (a hotter engine will produce lower results).

Last edited by cssnms; 04-21-2012 at 05:31 AM.