View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Tightrope walking

Mein Auto: Jackwagon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
So.... how'd it go yesterday?
Well, as you can see. It was dirty. Some good work though...

Did the full 330i brake swap, so we had to swap out the rear trailing arms. Since the 330i half shafts are more stout, I wanted to keep them. Which meant swapping the output shafts on the diff from the 3.07 to the 3.46. I knocked the 3.07 over on to the eff you finger on my left hand. That was a little unpleasant. I also tried to gore my leg while pulling out the one of the half shafts on the wagon. The impact socket came off, spinning, while we were pulling the driver's side rear trailing arm and got Kris in the forearm...which kept it from hitting him in the face. Pulling the half shafts off the wagon was a complete PITA on the exhaust side, because we were too lazy to pull said exhaust. All told, the rear brake swap took about 4 hours. The front end of the car took about 45 minutes for the brakes and sway.

The easiest job, by far, was putting on the Hotchkiss front sway bar. Actually, the easiest job was drinking beer. And going to see my 15yo perform at her school's big dance event later that evening.

We had an interesting day.

Today, an F1 brunch with some family and friends. When headed back to drop him off at the airport, Kris and I are gonna stop by and check out the Circuit of the Americas - LAME track name, but I can't complain too much. They're building it in my town.

Building a ZHP wagon... click the pic!!!
-.-.-.--.-.-.-
Because BMW wouldn't do it for me
For Sale - HUGE part out of 2005 ZHP sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL View Post
My input is that ffej knows what he's talking about .

Last edited by ffej; 04-22-2012 at 08:03 AM.