View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Speed Demon

Mein Auto: '10 335d E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingman View Post
Am I missing something here?

Why would I want a tuner with 4 settings, two of which will most likely 100% set off the limp mode?

I'm getting the feeling it is best to just leave it alone.
Simply put, it's the same reason that JB4 and PROcede has multiple options. Each car performs differently, resides in different areas, has different environmental conditions, etc. To be locked down to one safe value, while nice, is not something I want to be restricted to. I honestly wish someone would come up with something more along those lines for us, so that we could really tap into the potential of the car. And there aren't 4 settings, there are 28 settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsx5d View Post
even if that is 365 at the crank, that's better then JBD. That tune sent my car into limp mode then stopped working alltogether. wanted to send it back but he'll only do a swap not refund.
The JBD is a solid, solid product. However, as I said above, not all cars are created equal, and while Terry (and the other tuners) do their best to create a 'safe zone' for the tunes so that you can enjoy them without (much) worry. You're the first person I've heard have that problem in over 2 years, to be honest.