View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 06:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E60, E71, E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweetx5 View Post
BMW barely can't stated that the engine oil is also life time fluid. Everyone knows what is the color of the engine Oil in the bottle at fill up,
And so what is the color of the same Oil at Oil change??? (Same for the Transmission, while everyone knows exactly the color of the ATF.
which is a (LIGHT RED SYRUP). And what is the color of it when it comes out of the transmission pan??? (Same as motor oil).
I hate when people keeps saying that: The New ATF Oil will shock or cause problem in the future; this is a dozen pieces of metals running all alone.
Nearly the same like the engine components running all together with Oil spilled all around them. So if you think twice to change your engine Oil,
Why not thinking as twice to change your Old transmission fluid?
While some people still talking (CRAP) about NOT to change the Transmission fluid, this going to be my 2nd. time fluid change on my (01 X5 4.4i)which is now:122,126miles.
And the 1st one was done at: 75,000miles ago. Every since, I haven't notice anything except more power.
And you are on your original trans and transfer case?
OK, I guess there is hope for some of us owner of E53, I flushed my trans twice now and hitting 80k miles on original trans + xfer case.

BTW, as far as flush if you are @100K on original fluid the concensus seems to be leave it alone, you may make it to 150K w/o flush. but if you are @50K do it right (correct tools, parts and procedure); you'll be fine.

BTW, on X5 if you have 3.0 engine it's GM made and 4.4/4.6 uses ZF, different fluids; so make sure before you flush which trans you have.

Last edited by HPIA4v2; 04-25-2012 at 06:27 AM.