Thread: BMW NAV System
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325 View Post
I leased my 2011 e92 w/ nav (basically the same system as the f30 has) coming from nav-less e46. I dealt with several portable systems and iphone apps and vowed to get a built-in nav the next time. I'd read all the negatives on the BMW nav system, but decided that it couldn't be worse. Plus, I wanted the BMW apps integration that only came w/ idrive.

So far, I haven't been disappointed. Sure, it sometimes has wonky routes, and it's annoying that it doesn't show the current street you're on...

Not trying to be a fan-boy, but trying to inject some perspective into an irrationally negative thread. Run-flat tires, on the other hand, get my blood boiling so to each his own.
Thanks for this great writeup! My expectations are a little higher now regarding the system.

I've been spoiled by Garmins for years, so I know there will be some disappointments. I still don't regret getting the NAV system. I'll certainly experiment when my car arrives in a few weeks. I believe the biggest benefit for me is not having to setup the portable one every time I need it. Having it available at all times will be really nice and a first for me.