View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
While there's a place to mount the triangle and first aid kit (they're mandatory in Germany and maybe other countries in Europe), they're optional on the USA cars. If you do European delivery, though, they're in the car to keep the Polizi (sp?) happy. I had to pack mine home in my luggage...they said they would dissapear if left in the vehicle.

N2 has some advantages, but I'm not sure it's really worth it. Most of the air you pump in is N2 anyway, but using strictly N2, you don't get the moisture or oxygen that can slowly degrade the insides. With the TPMS, maybe worth it, but I've had lots of cars for a long time and never had a problem.

The TPMS don't show tire pressure, only a change after a reset. So, you won't know if a tire is getting low until the green changes to red. I prefer the system that actually shows you the actual pressure, but these do not do that. You need to stop somewhere that has the N2 to refill. Then, you must ensure you haven't traveled too far, or the tires heat up and determining proper pressure gets messier. Some places give lifetime refills, but you have to get there first!

Last edited by jadnashuanh; 04-26-2012 at 05:02 PM.