View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:28 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I don't think I failed the background check, though. I've never been convicted of a crime, I came prepared and showed him documentation of my education and work. I was thinking he may of been off but I'm going to stop by on Monday.
That's odd they didn't pick up the phone. Call BMW HR corporate and see if you got a wrong number, or if you have another number call that first. You may have written it down wrong (or the person gave you the wrong number).
I wouldn't worry about the background check or have any reason to think you should be worried if you didn't get the job cause of it...unless you have some kind of criminal background, or a really bad credit score (e.g., lots of negative reports) you should be just fine. You are not applying or going to be using the NSA computers - and even those background checks are not that hard (just take forever).

As far as negotiating - be up front. If you think it doesn't make industry standards then show them evidence (e.g., do online research at reputable sites). Most importantly give them reasons why you deserve more (e.g., if you are fresh out of college show them you were top of your class, if you are an experienced employee show them some of your past accomplishments and how it makes you a better employee). In the end, state what you want. They may not give it to you, but they may come up...or they may not come up at all. I HIGHLY doubt they would change their mind and not offer you the job because you asked...and if they do then you REALLY don't want to work there. The appropriate time to bring it up is when you talk salaries.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.