View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E92 M3/E90 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckboss81 View Post
I wanted to update my previous posts on this thread. I took my '09 328xi in for service two weeks ago and received a '12 328i loaner car that I drove the entire day. The difference was, this time, I was equipped with the knowledge of how to use the transmission settings. All I can say is, this is a completely different driving experience when set to 'sport' mode.

I wasn't fond of the way the engine stopped at red lights, but I loved the performance of the car. Based on auto Trans in sport mode, I need to completely retract my previous negative posts on the car. I loved it and would have been extremely happy to make this my next new car, if cost were no issue. My '09 is leased and I'm within 5 months of end of term.
Shows how personal cars are - we drove the F30 328i, then bought an E90 328i xDrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckboss81 View Post
After looking again at the price tag of the new 328 equipped as desired ($47K), I opted to start perusing used models and settled on either an E36 M3, or an E46 ZHP. I figured I should start looking, because good examples are somewhat rare, and thought it might take months to find the right one. Surprisingly, I found 'the car' immediately on cars.com and purchased a 2004 330i ZHP sedan in Imola Red. To say I love the ZHP is a vast understatement. Best of all, it's cost was less than a third of the new, similarly equipped 328i.
Good choice! The E46 ZHP is one of my favorite BMWs of all time, particularly in Imola Red. Others on that list include my 1989 325is, '91 M3 and my current 335is. I like the E46 ZHP in all it's iterations.

Mine

Hers

http://www.specialops.org/

Last edited by GVFlyer; 05-07-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Shuffled Pics.