Buying a BMW 328i Coupe (2007) As My First Car?
Hey all! It's about that time when I get my first car! I've been looking around online and whatnot, and I found that I would be able to afford a 2007 BMW 328i, either a sedan or a coupe, and I REALLY like how it looks.
Of course, I'm still new to the whole performance car thing (and cars in general). From what I understand from the searches I've done, it's probably not going to kill a BMW by using normal fuel, but it's HIGHLY recommended to use premium fuel. Also, BMW's have higher maintenance and repair costs (oil changes are like $7 a quart, and 10 quarts are needed for an oil change?).
Is that right?
My real questions are:
1. Do actual dealerships (Nissan, etc) and just used car dealers operate under the same standards (regulations, etc)? Would you recommend buying from an actual dealership or a used dealer?
2. Up to how many miles would buying a used car still be worth it?
3. Generally, do used dealers offer warranties or anything of the sort?
Also, do used dealers do extensive checks on the cars they sell? Or do they just buy and then sell them?
4. Are there any "chain" used car dealerships that are well known and reliable, as well as trustable?
5. Finally, I have heard about buying cars from rental places. Does this really work? Is this a good idea? I am somewhat hesitant about buying a rental car.
Kind of lengthy, so any answers on any portion of my questions would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance to all!