View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 09:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 328i Coupe
Just bought the exact same car and I love it! 2007 328i coupe, and I work for new car dealer -Most "new" car dealers or "big" used car dealers like "carmax" have the same process to do Used car recons and safety inspections, however do ask to see the inspection sheets- I would recomend to stay away from little used car lots, they buy mostly from auctions or what other "big" car dealers do not want to put on their lots, stay away from "rental" places, as far as mileage, the lower the better of course, but 40-50k would be your guide, that means may have had only one owner who may have taken good care of it. always look at the interior, (seats)(trunk)(headliner)if the interior is very clean and taken care of that would be an indication that the previous owner may have been careful with it and of course always check under the hood for fluids condition, leaks, oil stains, etc etc.
Yes... do get an extended warranty, if IT is backed by a big car co even better, like "toyota extracare or GM majorguard, Fidelety, CNA, Ryan Warranties (REGION), GE CAPITOL, this are some of the good ones... If you are financing the car it may even be a requirement by the bank and they will also offer you the extended warranty, most credit unions offer them.
If you are really interested in a 328, make sure before you take delivery, check the front windshield top horizontal rubber weatherstrip, they are known for cracking and melt into tiny little pieces... check tires and check for damage on the wheels, if the rims edges are banged up that means the previous owner may have ridden the car hard....
i hope this info helps you, BMW is indeed a very good car, in all aspects... good luck.