View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01' 540 M-Sport cdn, F355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz540i View Post
How loud is this knocking? Is it unlivable or actually felt not just heard?

I was really considering going with this brand coilovers because of the reputation the struts have for outlasting the car.
Faint, but noticeable. It is intermittent, and mostly at low speed. If my last experience is similar, it will become more constant as time goes by...and louder as well...but will increase over many months. I just started noticing this about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Last go around, it took me several months and a couple different shops to finally narrow down where the noise was coming from. It was difficult, partly due to the intermittent nature...it became easier to diagnose 7 or 8 months later, as it was more constant, and a bit louder...but again, only occurs at low speed, under 20mph, and on sharp bumps in the road, most commonly on concrete, not black top. But after many months (last time) it would occur at speeds up to around 40mph.
Factory M-Sport package with factory installed M-tech bumpers, factory Bluetooth, factory M-Audio 10" dual voice coil subs, Homelink, M5 rear stabilizer bar, Bilstein B14 PSS coil overs, Stop Tech ss brake lines, Akebono Euro Ceramic brake pads, oem Brembo and Zimmerman rotors, Dinan Stage 1 software, Strong Strut front upper stress bar.