View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 06:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but it's not the compressor.

BMW determined it was the belt that was slipping. The repair compaign involves installing a shorter aftermarket belt. So far I have not heard from anyone that had this belt installed complain of recurrance. However, do recall during the early on-set of this issue (I created thread about it a year ago) that one owner had his compressor replaced but it did not end up solving the problem. You might want to find that thread and call your SA to save yourself some trouble.

Unfortunately when I had my belt replaced BMW did not have a fix, so my belt is back squeeling AGAIN, so I nee to to take it back to the dealer to have them install the aftermarket belt.

Thanks for the info. I did read those threads. I should have expanded more on my post, but didn't have much time. Along with the squealing, I was also having some issues with the automatic function of the AC. I did send the link to the thread to my service tech. I guess they decided to try AC compressor to fix both. Don't know if they will also replace the belt. I will ask when I pick up the car next week.