View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 11:53 PM

Mein Auto: X5 e53 Diesel
Sunroof is not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny43.5 View Post
Hi all from down under , I have spent 30 years plus working with sunroofs and only recently did I figure out how to solve the malady of the X5 sunroofs being stuck open . DO not spend the ridiculous money that dealers and the like want to rob you of , the fix that I have discovered is so simple it that I am surprised it ha,t been disclosed before . First thing to point out here is that the repair will render the rear part of your sunroof totally inoperable , what I mean is that you can still use your shades and slide the front glass open and tilt the front glass but the rear will remain permanently closed . Obviously if there is any other problems with your roof other than the rear stuck open this will not help. As a newby on this forum I will not disclose the fix in public if you wish to find out please feel free to contact me and send me your email so I can send the photos and details . The fix can be done by any one with some simple home tools and believe it or not takes no more than five minutes to do . Howard
Hi Howard,

I am having this exact issue with my sunroof and would love to know the process to fix the issue. Could you please email me the details so my nightmare goes away email: maba@iprimus.com.au Thanking you in advance.
Maba