View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffj View Post
Thanks for the info. I did read those threads. I should have expanded more on my post, but didn't have much time. Along with the squealing, I was also having some issues with the automatic function of the AC. I did send the link to the thread to my service tech. I guess they decided to try AC compressor to fix both. Don't know if they will also replace the belt. I will ask when I pick up the car next week.
Gotcha! Hopefully the replace your belt with the shorter belt - I would insist on it! It might also be helpful to point them to the belt squeel thread. There is another thread on e90 post that I started under the diesel section where another user listed the part number for the shorter belt which you can reference with your SA. BMW actually opened up a campaign on this matter that your SA should be able to reference.

If they didn't replace it, at the very least before you pick it explain to your SA that you want them to test it for the squeeling by letting your car sit all day in the hot sun and start it with the AC on. (hopefully it's hot enough outside)

Last edited by cssnms; 05-12-2012 at 06:57 AM.