View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 08:47 AM
The Driver

Mein Auto: 2014 M5
I think the 20" wheels are a good idea because they are forged wheels which means stronger and lighter than the 19s.

I would skip ceramic brakes. They are very expensive, and from what I was told by the M Engineer people the performance differential is intangible for most people. They said they only made them to keep the marketing people happy.

Piano Black team is very scratch prone. I am going for Anthracite which will hide finger prints and fine scratches better.

I got my date confirmed this morning. It is Sept 1. The car should be at my dealer about 5 weeks after I drop it off in Munich.

The biggest thing that annoys me about options is having to choose between full regular Merino, or only Extended Individual Merino leather.

I want Platinum or Champagne leather, but I also want a leather dash and upper door panels. I do not want a plastic dash. However Individual leather comes with plastic dash at $5000, while Full Merino comes with leather dash at only $3500 (but forces me to compromise and get Silverstone leather).

2014 ///M5 Individual
Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance pkg, LED Package, Bang and Olufsen, 20" Forged wheels