View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 535i + 535XI wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmm21 View Post
I've got a strange problem - hoping to find the answer.

So far I have tried 6 different iPod interface cables ( the Y cables) with my 2010 e60. 4 of the have not worked at all (cannot be recognized by the idrive,) and the 2 that work have a common problem - The audio quality is downright TERRIBLE.

When i listen to music using either my 4th gen ipod touch, or 4th gen nano it's as if I'm listening to music through blown speakers. Buzzing and static completely ruins the experience.

I've tested the aux jack (center console) independently - playing pandora via my Android phone - it works and sounds great.

So here's my question: Could it be the USB jack thats causing this (I didn't think that it would have anything to do with the audio considering the use of the aux jack?) Or could it be that I've just hit the lottery and can't seem to get a proper working cable?

If anyone has experienced this - and fixed it, I'd love to hear it. I've got a 2100 mile road trip coming up in 2 weeks, and I'd really like to have my ipod.

Thanks!
I can't play iTunes off my Apple iPhone 4S via aux in either of our 535s. Causes a buzzing noise. I have tried myriad cables. A ground loop isolator kills the buzz, but it also distorts the signal, doesn't sound as crisp. Especially bass suffers.
No problem with an iPod or iPhone 4.

The mobridge is a bust so far. I can't get the car to connect as it came without CD changer. Have even spent 3.5 hrs at BMW and they can't fix it either. Autologic was also a bust. Now trying NCS Expert as last desperate stab at it, then looking elsewhere for solution.