View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 05:47 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Here's one for the ages: bring an accurate tire pressure gauge and check the tire pressure.

I'll bet the pressure will be low. It immediately puts the lie to the "quality check list" the salesperson will show you. And, once you do it, they are put on notice that you intend to go over every stinkin' thing on the car.
We took European Delivery on our car and my CA had clear instructions not to touch the car after they rolled it off the truck (don't wash it, don't remove the Euro plates, toll vignettes, etc.), but I did ask them to check the tire pressure. I remembered reading somewhere that the tires were over inflated for the boat ride to help minimize the movement of the car (I don't know whether this is actually true or not). He didn't get this done before we arrived so we pulled it around to the service bay and he brought out a tire gauge and air tank. All of the tires were high, ~45 psi. If the dealer forgets to check the tire pressure the tires may be over inflated.
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!