View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Over 20 years owning BMWs

Mein Auto: 2012 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulao58 View Post
I just bought a 2012 535i xdrive, and the one thing that really annoys me is that blasted auto stop. I understand the ease of pushing the button to disable it, but in my mind, it's my car and I don't want to have to remember to push it. I'd rather just disable it.

From what I've read, this is something that can be done, but I'm leary about doing this myself without first seeing how things are done.

If there is anyone in the Milwaukee area willing to code mine, I'd be interested in knowing.

Also, the speed in the digital display would be nice, and I have a 2011 Z4 that could use that as well.
Yes, you can change the default of the Auto Start/Stop to OFF. It will only turn ON by itself if you go to ECO Pro mode. Next time you start the car, A.S.S. will be OFF.

@DREAMCAR: Here are the settings for the spreadsheet:

MODULE: CAS
SECTION: 3000 TC
FUNCTION: TC_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF
NEW VALUE: aktiv
DEFAULT: nicht_aktiv
DESCRIPTION: Changes Auto Start/Stop default state to OFF

As everyone says, do it at your own risk... I already did this mod and it works as described.
2012 535i | Built 8/259/07 2011 | Delivered 10-15-2011 | Carbon Black | Oyster Black Dakota Leather | M-Sport Pkg | Luxury Seating Pkg | Premium Pkg | Premium Sound Pkg | Technology Pkg | Sport Auto Trans. | Split Fold-Down Seats | Heated Seats | Side & Top View Cameras | Heads-Up Display | BMW Apps | Black Panel Display | Trunk Lip Spoiler | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust | AirBlue Tint | Turner Wheel Spacers | Euro Plates | Hardwire V1 w/BOB | Media Cradle | Debadged | Kitchen Sink Pkg...