View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
I haven't heard the term "port-installed". Are you saying that the part will be installed at the port of entry (i.e. VPC or Vehicle Preparation Center)? If so, I didn't realize the VPC actually did this type of work before delivery.

If you are leasing your car, it probably makes sense to have it rolled into the lease, so that you aren't paying for the full price of the part. It also makes the lease return easier.

However, I have a little trouble follow your math. I am not sure what your residual % is, but it has to be a lot better than roughly 20% (which is what your numbers are indicating unless the residual is calculated different for the added part).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama20206 View Post
Hello, first time poster.

My long awaited M3 hits the ports on 5/23. Arctic white on black. CF roof, DCT, Comp and a few other items.

I'm looking to put the BMW Performance Exhaust on it and my options are to have it port installed, which allows me to wrap it under the lease or have it dealer installed and purchase it outright. I'm going with a 2 year lease. If I go with the port install the residual increases by about $700 and I pay about $3000 for the exhaust in extra payments over the lease. A purchase would be $3600 installed.

My questions revolve around turning the car in at the end of the lease. If I purchase it at the dealer, I will have the standard exhaust which I would then work to sell. But at lease end, do i turn it in w/the performance exhaust? BMW won't give a credit.

With the port installation, I'm being told I wouldn't receive a credit for the existing exhaust when the put the PE on and I get dinged when I turn the car back in.

Curious if anyone else has dealt with this issue and the pros and cons they saw.

Thanks.

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT