View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 335 / 2014 X-3
Reprogram

The sheet says: "EGR replacement and programming".
Apparantly it took two tries.
"Failed Programming, 1st Programming Failed, Performed Complete Encoding due to Programming Failure in CAS and FRM. Checked OK".

The 328i I thnk has a brand new ZF 8 speed automatic. The loaner car did not have paddle shifters but I had a blast playing with the 8 gears using the shift lever in sport mode.
When the car was stopped at a long light with the air on, the engine would eventually restart. It has electric power steering so the engine would restart if you moved the steering wheel more than an inch or so.
I think if I ever bought one I would have to figure out how to permanetly reverse the engine shutdown feature. Instead of having to remember to turn it "OFF" to prevent engine auto shutdown, I would want to be able to select it "ON" if I felt the need to save that last cup of gas.

I think the real reason the car gets such good milage is the perfect combination of an 8 speed transmission with a turbo engine that is putting out serious torque at 1250 rpm. As long as you are not heavy on the gas pedal, it was getting 35-43 mpg on the highway. Also,I think BMWs mpg numbers are correct and the EPA must have tested the 328i with a boat and trailer attached to it.

In the end, I was glad to be back in my rock solid 335d that has real power and gets great milage without all the engine flameouts.

2008 E-93 335i Convertible (ED) (Keeper)

2014 X-3 35i (PCD)

Last edited by Stevarino; 05-18-2012 at 05:27 PM.