View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 06:14 AM
hang up and drive!

Mein Auto: 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe656 View Post
I see an equal amount of Volts and diesel 3s. Someone here told me more Volts are showing up on the roads due to GM doing some great leases on them now.

To elaborate on my experience with Midtown and North. North had my car for around a month to replace a faulty sensor specific to diesel BMW vehicles across the globe. When I went to pick it up I saw the SES light was on before I even got back into the thing. They gave me some story about how BMW is having all sorts of problems with those sensors and how they are coming out with a replacement design soon and how even keeps happening to some lady's X5 that works at the dealership. I felt like I was being lied to and opted to take the car. After another month of leaving the car parked and going back and forth with BMWNA and looking online for any example of this sensor actually being bad then BMWNA advised me to go to another dealership. So I took it to Midtown and within hours they saw the problem, North hooked up the vacuum lines backwards but they also left some wire looms out of hooks and did not fully put on the engine cover. BMWNA refused to pay Midtown the $1k or so bill to fix what North messed up. North initially refused to pay for it but eventually Midtown convinced them into paying. So even though my car was fixed the very day Midtown got it, it took a week or so of waiting for them to get paid so I could get the car back. That whole episode started before I owned the car even 4 months and combined with being lied to when I bought the car it just has been a thorn in my side with BMW in general even though it solely is that North dealership.

So I never again will go to North nor it's sister dealership in the Woodlands. My neighbor had some bad experience with his 330i at North and switched to the Woodlands out of pure aggravation with North.
It is sad how an otherwise pretty amazing car can leave such a bad taste in your mouth because of crappy dealer support.

So far my car has been fantastic. Minimum issues, typical of what most of us have seen here. Dealer has only had my car a total of 3 times in almost 3 years. All issues resolved first time. So I have no complaints.

2010 Black 335D Sport/Premium, Michelin PSS 235/265
2000 Silver Z3 3.0i (Ret)
1999 Silver R1200C (Ret)
1968 Black 1600 Coupe (Ret)