View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 11:49 PM

Mein Auto: 1995 m3 (e36)
Exclamation PLEASE HELP!! 3 days to Fix~~

Sooo here's the problem, While getting off a exit on the highway while in 3rd gear to get onto another highway, I went to switch gears from 3rd to 4th and as soon as i "TRIED" that, i discoverd this problem. With no noise or bounce or jerks or anythign at all that would give away there was somethign wrong right away, i didnt figure this out until i tried to put my car in 4th. The problem is that my shifter is COMPLETLY LOOSE! It wont change gears, it's not giving me any reaction what so ever. it just sits there like it's in "N" ... But now i can move it allllll around with out it catching any gears or anything at all.. I looked closer to it and removed everything from inside the car where the shifter was to get a better view and in this diagram that i got from real OEM... It looks exactly like what im looking at, (Well the whole shifter part, The problem is that part 9 in this diagram and i imagine part 10 as well since it's just a nut.... is still connected to the whole shifter it's self but it popped off that bar that was conncected to part 9 and 15. So its really just dangaling there without being able to do anything with it..... I had to call a tow truck to come take me and my girl to my house lol.... ya it was a pretty good day right????? BWHAHA plus i just waxed my car last night and now..... She's not goin anywhere

SO PLEASE HELP ME!!! has anyone ever been through this?? Is this just an easy fix, can i just get under the car and hook everything back up or do i have to go into a shop.... From the diagram it looks like it just popped out but i really have no idea how bad this is......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shifter diagram.png
Views:	82
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	326137  
Ads by Google