View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 12:37 PM

Mein Auto: 1995 m3 (e36)
Thanks, Thats almost EXACTLY what happend

hahsa wow so reading that i couldent help but laugh cause it was EXACTLY what happend to me just diffrent gears, exept instead of starting off slow i just got towed, didnt want to cause any more problems lol.... Even though this is no laughing matter!!! Its like my new born baby just broke her legs and now she cant go anywhere!!! lol This car is my baby and will always be my dream car ha if your not paying one off your paying for the repairs right!! So im cool with it.... It sounds like its nothing to crazy to fix or replace, seems like it happens to others as well so some what common, Im going to BMW today to get those parts. But i already have the bentley book for it (Probably one of my best buys) so it helps out alot...

Idk maybe this can be a good thing, i thought i had a short shifter but idk for sure... Ive been wanting to rebuild my engine or just replace it cause i want to turn her into a dammm good track car and able to run the streets as well lol so maybe its time to put a short shift in there??

Here's a pic of my shifter, i thought it was a short shift or "semi" short bahaha but i could be wrong, what you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3-terrestrial View Post
Time to get a Bentley manual and a shifter rebuild kit....you might want to post this in the E36 forum to get more visibility, and help in the process if you are DIY...

Edit:
Found something for ya, it seems like a similar case:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...t=lose+shifter

Search is your best friend
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1625.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	326169   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1626.jpg
Views:	71