View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 08:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 \\325i\\
All,

I really appreciate the feedback, and I must apologize if I originally came across as being "entitled" to a free replacement. I had assumed that after reading through the numerous posts that the consensus was that these were known issues acknowledged by BMWNA and that these were covered under the valid CPO warranty, hence my reference to a tech bulletin. Optimally it would be nice if these were covered, but I like the car enough to replace them myself if needed.

As a note, I did have 3M pro grade tint installed shortly after purchasing the car and do not use any lotions on my hands. So although there is a theory that some or all of these factors play into the peeling problem I do not think it applied in my case. I do think that BMW does have a quality issue as it pertains to durability for these particular pieces, and should not be expected on vehicles priced in these ranges. Just my opinion of course, but I do love the BMW brand.

@dallas70 - I would be interested in finding out more about the sponsers you connected with.

Also, can anyone recommend a good color match for the grey dakota interior trim?

Paul