Thread: 2012 m3
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 06:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by car-fan View Post
I know all to well what you mean first hand - especially after a DINAN tune on the N63TTV8. I will say this. Once you get past the initial break in period and you have the chance to run the S65 up past 7 grand, and see those shift lights illuminate on your way to 8200-8300 on the tach - you'll never be the same again. Nothing in BMW's current lineup gives imparts the same feeling/sound.

Do I miss the feel of the N63 TTV8 with DINAN? yes, but honestly the E9X M3's are "1 of 1", and unlike anyother

I find myself cracking up at the fact that this "smallish" coupe has a V8, I now the MB fanboys will say the same about their "C" cars. But IMHO the M3 feels more special and purpose built - I guess I should go grab a fire extinguisher and put my flame-suit on
purpose built, that's the right way to describe it. and i was fortunate enough to get through the break in process within 3 days, took it out on the FDR last night and lit up my shift lights.

WOW

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual