View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
yesterday was a horrible day...

So yesterday I was busy, busy, BUSY... car went into the dealer for some minor work - foglight, cupholder is sticking on passenger side, windshield wiper judder despite getting new blades less than 2 weeks ago, parking brake adjustment as it isn't holding like I want it to - minor stuff, but enough to make it a warranty day worthwhile...

so I get a 2011 328i x-drive service loaner - nice car, but it is going to be fairly idle with only a short errand to run - the day got REALLY busy with changes to prices and imagery from a supplier - rush to get that done, puts me behind on the other stuff I had to do...

Meanwhile - I was called and told my car is ready... so I head out to get my 5'er - and I remember there are roadworks on the back-road I take, so I head down a busy US highway towards town - I hate this road, it is busy and it is now "rush hour" .. and the light changes against me... I leisurely stop behind a Toyota SUV - ... SCREEEECH... the woman behind me hits her brakes before hitting me in the rear... airbag lights go off - no airbag deployment though - and I stand on the brakes so I am able to prevent myself rear-ending the SUV in front (I have a habit of leaving 8-12 feet between me and the car in front and I needed all but 6 inches of that to avoid the impact).

The vehicle that hits me is a Lexus RX330 SUV - a youngish woman - tells me it is her mom's car... oops.

So I'm in shock sort of - I call the dealer because they're about to close... and I realize that my insurance details are NOT with me - they're in my jockey box of my 5'er at the dealer - and were NOT printed on the temporary rental agreement...

So we call the PD - a cruiser comes by and he's all fussy about me not having my paperwork... so call the dealer - they fetch my paperwork and call me with the policy.. meanwhile I found an insurance slip in my wallet that is "current" - but shows my old car... this gets the police officer off my case - thank goodness.

So after about an hour of waiting around (heck knows why it took so long) - I am given a piece of paper and head off to the dealer to give them back their service loan with a license plate imprint from a Lexus in the rear - and get my 5'er back...

Well... 1/2 mile down the road I apply the brakes and I feel a judder - let off the brakes and the judder is still there - coast round the corner I braked for, and the judder remains.... fnck... 5'er is "not right"... so I call the dealer back (they're closing REALLY shortly) - and tell them ... my car is messed up, I'm driving it VERY CAREFULLY back to them... I have no choice, it is juddering under normal driving at even lowish speed (20+ you notice it - 30 and it is going to make you sea-sick).

Into a DIFFERENT service loaner and awaiting news of how the collision is being handled - and how my 5'er is "not right"... ho-hum...

Surely today can only get better...

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Advertisement