Thread: 2012 m3
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyJames View Post
Why do you say the 5 is the worst? Or am I missing the joke?
I put worst in quotation marks since even if I think it deserves a jumbo position in BMWs lineup it's still better than most cars on the road today. It's not a bad car, in fact it's a really good car and beautiful as well. However all BMWs are imo drivers cars except the F10 and the F01 which are passenger cars, I.e they offer great comfort, tech gizmos and a luxurious ambience, a very nice place to be while eating miles but they offer little of driver excitement. I like drivers cars and the five used to be a very fine drivers car with the E39 and E60. The 7 has always been a passenger car and it does this duty slightly better than the 5 without being any less numb and isolated. Hence the 5 brings up the rear in my books.

It's a little like selecting the "worst" of the Victoria Secret's models. She's a disappointment to the fortunate few who has their pick of the best but would make the majority exctatic. When it comes to cars I've been spoilt that's the main reason I couldn't warm up to my F10, not that it's a bad car.

Last edited by solstice; 06-02-2012 at 12:10 AM.