View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudman View Post
No posts from you in ages
Nah. I just took Bill's advice (540iman) and stayed away from casual reading & OCD cross posting in a vain attempt to help everyone out as much as I could. Looks like people eventually find their answers and the board does jiust fine w/o me (which was Bill's point all along).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudman View Post
Use compressed air. That will get every out.
I wish. I tried blowing air from a hand gun hooked to the compressor. No go. The crud is jam packed in there. It's like solid sand was compressed inside - it's that packed.

It's soaking in gasoline as we type. I've got the CCV side tube clear almost to the main tube ... dark brown stuff ... now I'm digging out the concentric space from the bottom of the main tube. It's tiny in there (I'm using 20 AWG wire but it bends a lot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolman View Post
try some pipe cleaners or guitar strings
I have some piano wire ... I'll try that and report back. I missed the 5pm closing time for the local dealer for the o-ring too. Sigh.

EDIT: Ok. The first wire I used was far too soft ... but the second wire (what I erroneously called "piano wire") was just the right diameter and it was very rigid (for wire). This feeding wire came with the tent-pole elastic string from REI or Western Mountain Sports that I used to fix my camping tent poles). Nice and rigid and thin and long.

That feeding wire allowed me to scratch away at the crud, which was packed, starting two inches from the bottom, all the way to about two inches from the side opening to the CCV drain hose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_soaking_did_not_work.JPG
Views:	14192
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	327664   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_brushing_did_not_work.JPG
Views:	6032
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	327665  

Last edited by bluebee; 06-03-2012 at 09:53 AM.