View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 02:33 AM

Mein Auto: 94 530i/5
E34 electrical problems

Hey everyone!

I have a 1994 530i and as of the last few weeks I have had strange electrical problems occurring...

First problem that started happening is the door locks lock and unlock randomly. It happens while driving and even while the car is parked and turned off. It is rather troublesome since when I lock my car, I have to go back a little while later to make sure that it hasn't opened back up.

The second problem I have going on now started yesterday and is quite the pain in the butt. While at work I saw my cars high beams and the amber signal lights flashing erratically like some kind of alarm was set off. My aftermarket alarm was not triggered. I found out that I could stop the flashing by opening the trunk but as soon as I close the trunklid the flashing resumed. I have already tried pulling the battery to stop this problem but it did not work.

One thing to be noted is that i do have a weather seal problem. Whenever it rains I get some rain water in the driver side footwell. I do air out the car and vacuum out as much of the water as i can but I don't always get to it immediately. Is it possible that there may be some kind of short that happened under the carpet from the water there?

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
Advertisement