View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 09:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 F25 20dX WY31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenW View Post
Sorry I can't provide any help. I'm just impressed and want to thank you for sharing your experience. It appears you are the first one showing how to open up the dashboard of F25.

I have the same 6.5" screen as yours. I also want to open the dashboard up but just to install an iPhone snap-in adapter in front of the screen. IPhone's navigation is good enough for me. I just want to control my Rdio app for music. The iDrive only controls Apple's music app.

So if I have a USB cable and a USB plug, is there a place in the dash that I can hook up USB plug into the system?

Thanks.
Hello,

I'm including a picture of the back panel of the CIC, the beige/brown plug at the top right is the place where you should connect the usb drive, however, the usb drive that I'm talking about it's just for uploading/downloading music to/from the HD unit of the CIC and not the iPhone adapter, I can't take a picture of the back panel of the stereo at the moment because I already mounted it back. And no, I did not see any place in the dash where you could hook up the USB plug into the system.

However, my car already came with the iPhone/iPod snap-in adapter that goes inside the armrest, and my stereo only had 3 connections:

1) Video Output -- The cable that goes to the 6.5" screen
2) Radio Antenna Input (It's the black plug at the bottom left on the CIC)
3) Wiring harness (See the big hole with a 15 amp fuse on my picture). This wiring harness input it's the same as the CIC that the picture shows.

So my guess here it's that this adapter plugs into the COMBOX below the passenger seat, and the combox already includes the harness that goes from there to the stereo. But that's just a guess, if you attach the instructions maybe I could be of more help

Last edited by RO-CK; 06-04-2012 at 09:08 AM.