View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @nz View Post
to un block the tube get a length of the iner speedo cable ... and start drilling it through the gunk
Thanks Dave. The cable must be very thin - because it has to fit in between concentric pipes - and it must be rigid enough to handle pushing, drilling, and spinning.

I don't know what speed cable diameters are, but if it's the thickness of tent-pole repair wire, it should work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarnold View Post
there is a groove in the bottom of the pocket that the oring fits into
Drat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudman View Post
the oil would eventualy back up and clog the CCV resulting in total CCV failure...the liquid oil then goes into the intake manifold... That is when you see the black exhaust smoke
Interesting. Makes sense because the oil has to go 'somewhere'!

Quote:
this problem existed before you decided to pull the dipstick tube. Hence, it has probably been clogged for awhile.
Very true.

Quote:
Have you been experiencing smokey exhaust or higher than normal oil consumption?
Nope.

Quote:
Is there mayo in your vent hose?
The hose busted open and was filled with oil - but no white or yellow mayo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540 M-Sport View Post
Drill motor, even cordless will produce sparks
I hadn't even thought about it. Luckily I was outside. But I did drill right next to the gasoline. Whew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
I guess you have not seen my thread...?

That thread covers a lot. I don't think a coat hanger will work for 'my' dipstick guide tube though ... because it might be too thick to fit in the teeny tiny space between the concentrics.

Your picture (reproduced below) must either be for the redesigned dipstick guide tube or the clog wasn't in the CCV drain portion of the dipstick guide tube???

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.jpg
Views:	6989
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	327939